Are you an energetic, motivated person who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment? Then consider a real estate career as your profession. Whether real estate is the first step along your career path or you are ready for a second career, we offer unlimited opportunities.
So, is a career in real estate right for you? To start, take this career compatibility quiz to find out. Think about the questions below and answer Yes or No for each:
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
- Would you like be your own boss?
- Do you want a job with flexible hours, one that you can work around your lifestyle?
- Do you want or need to balance career demands with family demands?
- Do you want flexibility in where you work, i.e. home or office?
- Are you looking for a job that does not require a college degree?
- Do you have a high school diploma or a GED?
- Are you looking to start a new career with minimal initial financial investment?
- Do you think you would work well on a commission-based compensation structure?
- Do you want a job with unlimited income potential?
- Would you enjoy a customer-service oriented job?
- If you answered “Yes” to five or more of the above questions, then a career in real estate is a real possibility for you! Consider the four steps to getting your real estate license to make a real estate career happen for you.
“When my clients hire me as their Listing Agent, they not only hire a
dedicated, hard working Agent, they hire Metro Detroit’s premier
Real Estate Marketing Powerhouse – CENTURY 21 Town & Country!”
- Steve M.
Real Estate Licensing
Before beginning your career in real estate, you must have a real estate license. Here are the four basic steps:
1. Establish a relationship with a real estate company, like CENTURY 21 Town & Country.
Choose a brokerage to sponsor you (we hope you choose us!) and set up a meeting with a real estate sales manager in the community where you plan to build your business.
2. Enroll in pre-license classes.
Schooling requirements differ from state to state. Contact us to learn the requirements in your state.
3. Apply for and pass the state exam.
Similarly, each state requires different applications and submission requirements for taking the real estate license. Contact us to learn the process in your state.
4. Develop skills that lead to success and build your business!
Once you've earned your license, you'll need to develop skills in prospecting, listing, negotiating and selling real estate. CENTURY 21 Town & Country’s Quick Start program provides full training and support as you begin your career. Business planning with your manager is an important activity in building your business. Your manager will partner with you every step of the way, providing the professional tools and materials while offering experienced support as you lay the foundation for your new career.
Interested in becoming a CENTURY 21 Town & Country agent? Contact Customer Care to learn more about the largest CENTURY 21 firm in Michigan.
Like every important decision in life, you should compare the benefits – and select the company that provides what no one else can.
Countless innovations have made CENTURY 21 Town & Country one of the premier real estate firms in Michigan. Our exclusive technologies and forward-thinking business philosophies continue to distinguish CENTURY 21 Town & Country and the agents we’re proud to serve.
Want to know more? Check out what we offer to all CENTURY 21 Town & Country agents:
1. CENTURY 21 Town & Country agent intranet – Our password-protected Web site is your connection to everything you need to run your business. Customized to you and your market, it includes:
- CENTURY 21 Town & Country email.
- Online forms and contracts, with every listing/sales document you need. Create a contract on your laptop, then e-mail, fax or hand-deliver to your clients!
- Individual agent Web sites – our exclusive Agent Frame technology lets you control and update your online presence
- Check your listings and open houses
- Register for New Listing Alerts e-mails
- Presentations – Personalized and print-ready, these turn-key leave-behinds highlight your qualifications and expertise, putting your most professional foot forward with every client. Choose what you’ll use, with current information and strong visual impact
- LeadRouter ™ lead management system – exclusive to CENTURY 21 Town & Country.
- All Internet leads are delivered to you via cell phone the instant they contact us!
- Once the lead is yours, LeadRouter helps you manage it from capture to closed deal.
- Listing View tracking reports available to you and your sellers
- 21Online - Available exclusively to CENTURY 21 Brokers and Sales Associates, 21Online is the portal to all CENTURY 21 education, products and services, and the source for listing, selling, and prospecting tools, as well as electronic networking tools.
2. Innovative Internet and public Web sites – Real estate is a visual medium, and our market-specific public Web sites are real estate’s most visited online portals. We offer our consumers easy-to-find homes as well as user-friendly Web tools!
- One-click access to every listed property on the market, with multiple color photos to spotlight your listings
- Online open house guide invites prospective buyers to map out their weekend tour, days or weeks in advance
- New Listing e-mail alerts save buyers time and effort as they find their dream home. Instant e-mail notifications arrive as properties come on the market matching buyers’ stated criteria; Lets you stay in touch with your buyers automatically, each time a new listing is sent!
- Slide Shows – Animated slide shows highlight your listings’ most dramatic features
3. Professional development – new licensee, or seasoned professional? CENTURY 21 Town & Country offers more educational opportunities, more often… tailored to the market and the moment. Deepen your understanding and develop your skills, with:
- The CENTURY 21 Town & Country Quick Start™ program
- CENTURY 21 online classes and online tutorials – Real-time training that’s accessible when and where you want it!
- Agent Recognition – Local and company-wide programs recognize our agents’ success and celebrate your growth.
- CENTURY 21 awards, etc.
- The CENTURY 21 Town & Country annual awards banquet
4. Multi-media marketing – CENTURY 21 Town & Country’s dynamic brand positioning cuts through the clutter of real estate advertising, with:
- Extensive campaigns. You’ll see our ads and exclusive marketing tools everywhere buyers and sellers enter the market
- Image advertising – Co-op/personal marketing opportunities let you leverage your individual brand with the company’s strength
- Niche marketing opportunities addressing your clients’ most specific needs. First-time buyers, seniors, couples experiencing divorce, investors and second-home buyers – unique offerings for individual circumstances
- CENTURY 21 Town & Country Fine Homes & Estates (R) – Leading the market in luxury home sales, CENTURY 21 Town & Country’s high-profile advertising, exclusive luxury affiliations and Web presence create maximum exposure for upscale properties. Powerful, exclusive promotional strategies provide the image and resources needed to capture qualified buyers for prestigious homes
5. Agent benefits and unparalleled support create empowering solutions for independent contractors and your families.
6. Award-winning departments stand behind each agent, providing one-on-one answers when you need them
o Internet Marketing
o Professional Development – provides exceptional growth opportunities at every career level, management training and employee skill enhancements
o Technology – includes proprietary CENTURY 21 Town & Country tools and our accessible tech support for Century 21 tools and your computer-based systems
o Relocation – links our agents to RELO companies and services throughout the world including CARTUS.
o Legal – provides programs and professionals to safeguard against errors and omissions
CENTURY 21 Town & Country provides an interactive learning environment that combines professional instruction, results-orientated assignments, and on-the-job training. Our sales associates are knowledgeable, friendly, and have "common sense" problem solving skills. CENTURY 21 Town & Country is committed to providing an unequaled local advertising presence, custom-designed marketing programs, cutting edge technology, full-time support services, unsurpassed name recognition, and a professional sales environment.
CENTURY 21 Town & Country is committed to providing:
- unequaled web marketing programs
- cutting-edge technology
- full-time support services
- unsurpassed name recognition
- a professional sales environment
"...more than what I expected...the education and tools to run a business."
"The training is excellent!"
"...very impressed with the training. It was consistent, effective...I went back for a shot of enthusiasm!"
"Our web site is phenomenal!"
"...freedom to do what you're good at and the support when problems arise."
"When I need help, it's always there."
"The support is important. I couldn't do this much business without it."
"The support of secretaries and receptionists is phenomenal!"
"No other company has a better support staff!"
"...tools, environment, atmosphere. Success breeds success. It reflects on my attitude. I'm proud to say I work here."
"John Kersten makes us feel like we have value in his life."
"I started generating income quickly!"
Interested in becoming a CENTURY 21 Town & Country agent? Contact Customer Care to learn more.