Northville Real Estate Listings and Information
Northville is a city considered as a suburb of Metropolitan Detroit, located in and divided by Oakland and Wayne counties, in Michigan. The city is located 21 miles (34 km) northeast of Ann Arbor and 29 miles (47 km) northwest of Detroit. The Northville community is well situated for those who want to "get away from it all" but want the convenience of being relatively close to downtown Detroit, Ann Arbor, and the airport.
Northville has several nicknames--Hamlet of the Hills, Switzerland of Wayne County, and The Ville. Homes in the Northville Township are relatively new. Over 75% of these homes have been built since 1970; almost one-half since 1980. Northville is one of the more affluent communities in the Wayne/Oakland Counties. Its residents are well educated and earn above the County average. Over 50% of the community's households earn over $50,000 per year.
In spite of Northville's relative affluence, most students attend the Northville Public Schools rather than private schools, a tribute to the quality of its public school system. Nearby Livonia is home to Schoolcraft College, a comprehensive, open door, community-based College assisting individuals and groups to achieve intellectual, social, and economic goals.
The population was 5,970 at the 2010 US census. The Oakland County portion is surrounded by the city of Novi. The Wayne County portion is surrounded by Northville Township.
Events held in the Northville community include:
- Art and Acts - June - Art fair in Downtown Northville
- Farmers Market - May to October - Farmers Market held each Thursday at corner of 7 Mile and Sheldon Roads
- Northville Grub Crawl - July - Ticketholders are shuttled to various area restaurants for samplings of their offerings
- Victorian Festival - September - Large event with games, magic shows, music, rides, and art in Downtown Northville where booth operators and parade participants wear traditional Victorian outfits to celebrate the city's heritage, since 1989.
- Summer Friday Night Concerts - June to August - Concerts on Friday nights in Town Square, since 1986.
- Northville Christmas Parade - Held on a Friday night in November every year.
One of the favorite places for residents and visitors to enjoy is the Mill Race Village. The Northville Historical Society has gathered historic buildings from the area and restored them into a living museum. Other popular landmarks are the Northville Water Wheel and the Northville Well that still supplies refreshing.
Northville is also home to a Michigan horse racing track and charity casino, Northville Downs. Enjoy live harness racing at Northville Downs and racing simulcasts, recently celebrating 100 years of horse racing in Michigan.
A full range of dining experiences are available. Some restaurants in the Northville area include:
- Gaucho Steakhouse - Brazilian and Steakhouse - 39550 7 Mile Rd
- Rebecca's - Desserts/Ice Cream, Breakfast/Brunch and Sandwiches/Subs - 134 N Center St
- Deadwood Bar & Grill - American and Burgers - 18730 Northville Rd
- Sizzling Sticks Cafe - Asian, Chinese and Barbecue - 144 Mary Alexander Ct
- Table 5 - Modern American - 126 East Main Street
- Poole's Tavern - Sandwiches/Subs and Soups - 157 E Main St
- Mr. Thai - Thai - 43223 Seven Mile Road
- New Bangkok Cuisine - Thai - 250 N Center St
- Pizza Cutter - Pizza - 340 N Center St
- Koji - Japanese and Sushi - 146 Mary Alexander
- Charley's Deli & Grille - American, Breakfast/Brunch, Sandwiches/Subs - 16873 Haggerty Rd
- Red Pepper Deli - Vegetarian, Smoothies and Sandwiches/Subs - 116 W Main St
- Genitti's Hole in the Wall - Italian and Soups - 108 E Main St
- Tirami Su Italian - Italian - 146 Maincentre
- Tuscan Cafe - French, Coffee and Italian - 150 N Center St
- Le George Mediterranean Bistro - Mediterranean - 124 E. Main St
Historically, the city was incorporated in 1955 along the boundaries of the Village of Northville. The Village of Northville included portions of Novi Township in Oakland County and Northville Township in Wayne County. Over the next several years, the city boundaries expanded through annexation of portions of Novi Township and the Village of Novi both east and west of the city and north of Baseline Road. The city's northern boundary was fixed by the incorporation of the Village of Novi into the City of Novi in 1969.
Henry Ford purchased a factory in Northville and moved machinery from plants in the area to the factory in 1919. Known as the Northville Valve Plant, the plant was rebuilt in 1936, and enlarged in 1956. The plant provided valves for every Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln vehicle, except for the Lincoln Continental, until closing and being sold in 1981.
In 1925, the Penninman-Allen Theater opened downtown, but closed in 1953. The theater opened again in 1978 as the Marquis Theater and is home to live children's theater.
Recently Listed - View All
42904 Pond Court 15 Northville Twp, MI 48167 $149,500 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,294 Sq Ft Townhouse
41632 Elk Road Northville Twp, MI 48168 $2,600 4 Beds 3 Baths 2,204 Sq Ft Colonial
42040 Queen Anne Court Northville Twp, MI 48167 $2,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 1,638 Sq Ft Colonial
17152 Cameron Drive Northville Twp, MI 48168 $410,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 2,278 Sq Ft Colonial
50464 Eagles Nest Northville Twp, MI 48168 $869,900 5 Beds 5 Baths 4,463 Sq Ft Colonial
526 Orchard Drive Northville, MI 48167 $600,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 2,683 Sq Ft Other
42479 Bradner Road Northville Twp, MI 48168 $425,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 2,636 Sq Ft Colonial
48576 Stoneridge Drive Northville Twp, MI 48168 $979,000 5 Beds 6 Baths 3,588 Sq Ft Colonial
17331 Crestbrook Drive Northville Twp, MI 48168 $724,995 4 Beds 4 Baths 3,974 Sq Ft Colonial
18600 Marble Head Drive Northville Twp, MI 48168 $699,900 3 Beds 4 Baths 3,457 Sq Ft Cape Cod
16145 Maplewood Court Northville Twp, MI 48168 $599,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 3,210 Sq Ft Colonial
19193 Surrey Lane Northville Twp, MI 48167 $140,000 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,177 Sq Ft End Unit
20220 Beck (Private) Road Northville Twp, MI 48167 $599,900 5 Beds 4 Baths 4,137 Sq Ft Contemporary
49100 Running Trout Lane Northville Twp, MI 48168 $575,000 4 Beds 6 Baths 3,256 Sq Ft Colonial
17273 E Northville Trail Northville Twp, MI 48168 $480,000 5 Beds 4 Baths 2,986 Sq Ft Colonial
17080 Birchwood Dr Northville, MI 48168 $440,000 3 Beds 3 Baths 2,641 Sq Ft Cape Cod
20137 W Whipple Drive Northville Twp, MI 48167 $400,000 4 Beds 3 Baths 2,367 Sq Ft Contemporary
15780 Maxwell Avenue Northville Twp, MI 48170 $250,000 3 Beds 2 Baths 1,718 Sq Ft Colonial
19732 Dearborn Court Northville Twp, MI 48167 $169,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,288 Sq Ft Colonial
17900 Parkshore Drive Northville Twp, MI 48168 $1,235,000 4 Beds 7 Baths 5,203 Sq Ft Colonial
619 Fairbrook Street Northville, MI 48167 $715,000 4 Beds 4 Baths 2,950 Sq Ft Colonial
15714 Maxwell Avenue Northville, MI 48170 $405,731 4 Beds 3 Baths 2,274 Sq Ft Colonial
20760 Turnberry Boulevard Northville, MI 48167 $5,000 5 Beds 6 Baths 4,200 Sq Ft Colonial
39530 Rockcrest Lane Northville Twp, MI 48168 $1,900 2 Beds 2 Baths 1,756 Sq Ft Other
Browse Listings by Price Range
Active Market Stats
- 325 Listings For Sale
- $754,785 Average Listing Price
- $225 Average Listing Price per Square Foot